Mumbai, also known as Bombay, is the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is the most populous city and also the wealthiest city in India.
1) Gateway of India- One of the most prestigious, historical and eye catching attraction of Mumbai. The building stands beautifully overlooking the Arabian Sea and location of the building is what makes it so attractive. Be it early morning or late night, it remains bustling and lively with locals and
2) Marine Drive- Located in South Mumbai, the stretch of 4.3km Long Boulevard, the marine drive is one of the major hangout spots in Mumbai. Overlooking the Arabian Sea, it is also one of the posh areas and houses many well-known personalities of India including business tycoons and Bollywood actors.
3) Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus- It is a UNESCO world heritage site and serves as the headquarters of the Central Railways in Mumbai. It is also the busiest railway station in India. It has been a popular location for many Bollywood movies. It also maintains a museum and several paintings that dilate the colonial era.
4) Mumbai Film City- It is an integrated film complex located in the Goreaon area. It is beautifully decorated by lakes, parks and fountains. It serves a shooting venue for many Bollywood films. Various kinds of tours are also organised for the guests such as dream tour, studio tour and live show tour.
5) Juhu Beach- Juhu beach is one of the most famous beach of India. It has emerged as a hot spot of Mumbai where people including celebrities, tourists and locals flock day and night. Sunset watching is a major activity here.Juhu Beach is also famous for its local delicacies and street food.
1) Auto Rickshaw-An Auto rickshaw comes handy when you have to rush somewhere as they are available at every nook and corner. However they do not operate beyond Bandra in the western suburbs and beyond Sion in central suburbs. The minimum fare is Rs.11 for 1st 2 km and subsequent kilometre fare is Rs.7.
2) Taxi-The most relaxing way to travel is the black and yellow taxis, which can be spotted everywhere, down the lane. The fares are to be paid by the metre only.
3) Private Taxi-These taxis are available with 30 to 60 min prior notice. They are air conditioned comfortable and well maintained cars. They all have mobile apps using which you can summon a cab in as less as 10 minutes. Some popular private taxis are Ola cabs (Tel 3355 3355 https://www.olacabs.com/),Mega cabs (Tel 42424242 http://www.megacabs.com/)
4) Buses-The bus service of Mumbai is supposed to be the best in India. It is run by Bombay Electric Supply and Transport Company (BEST), whose network is so vast that it links every nook and corner of the city. It is extremely flexible and affordable. Website- http://www.bestundertaking.com/
5) Local trains-Mumbai has two lines that provide services to the suburban traffic from eastern and western suburbs. Local trains are said to be the lifelines of Mumbai.
Fire brigade stations 101 or 23095991/2/3/4
Blood banks 1910
The power supply in India is 220-240 volts. Sockets have 3 pin connection.
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is the primary international airport serving the Mumbai Metropolitan Area. It has 2 terminals.
Terminal 1 or Domestic Terminal corresponds to the old airport called Santa Cruz Airport.
Terminal 2 or International Terminal is a brand new terminal and replaces the old terminal 2 that was formerly the Sahar Airport.